Wednesday, August 16, 2006

True Worship

My music pastor and I traveled to a conference last week that is still impacting my life! A friend asked me today what I took away from the conference. Here are some random thoughts:

*God is completely and totally sovereign over His creation...including me!

*I justly deserve the wrath of God because of my willful sin against Him.

*Jesus Christ willingly bore the wrath of God for me on the cross!

*By faith, I am declared righteous in Christ and have been reconciled to God! This faith is a gift of God and not as a result of works. God chose me to lavish His grace and mercy on me!

*When these truths become real in my life, the only natural response is WORSHIP!

I am so thankful that God continues to speak to me through His word and through proclamation of His word. I do want to live a cross-centered life so that I will forever glory in the cross, in Jesus, and in the Father. May the realization of the work of Christ drive each of us to humbly serve Him. This is indeed the power of the cross!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home